The Herkimer-Fulton-Hamilton-Otsego Board of Cooperative Educational Services will provide quality, innovative services for students, schools and community through the achievement of shared goals in a focused, cooperative manner to meet the challenges of the future.
- To provide comprehensive, life-long educational services for the students, school and community.
- To initiate, facilitate and implement cooperation among and between agencies in the private and public sector.
- To insure that upon completion of Herkimer BOCES programs, students will possess the competencies for success.
2016-2017 Board of Education Goals and Strategic Objectives:
Goal 1. DIRECTION FOR CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
The BOCES Board will provide direction for continuous improvement by ensuring articulation of purpose, support for teaching and learning, and evaluation of effectiveness of programs and services.
- 1.1: Engage in a systematic, inclusive, and comprehensive process to review, revise, and communicate BOCES purpose.
- 1.2: Monitor programs and services to measure effectiveness and guide ongoing adjustments in delivery, with particular focus on new “School to Careers” services.
- 1.3: Communicate to component school districts and other stakeholders comprehensive information about learning and the achievement of improvement goals.
Goal 2. GOVERNANCE TEAM LEADERSHIP
The BOCES Board, as a governance team partner with central administration, will operate in a manner which promotes and supports student performance and agency effectiveness.
- 2.1: Engage component school districts effectively to guide and support the provision of needed programs and services.
- 2.2: Ensure that school leaders at every level of the organization have the appropriate authority to reach achievement goals and manage the programs and services in their charge in an effective manner.
- 2.3: Establish policies and monitor practices in staff supervision and evaluation which result in improved professional practice and student success.
Goal 3. RESOURCES AND SUPPORT SYSTEMS
The BOCES Board will provide the essential resources and supports necessary to realize its purpose and direction for all component school districts and community partners.
- 3.1: Improve the current recruitment and retention processes to provide a full complement of qualified professional and support staff to fulfill their roles and responsibilities.
- 3.2: Ensure the provision, coordination and evaluation of programs and services delivered to component school districts and community.
- 3.3: Provide the resources sufficient to maintain safe and healthy facilities and the technology and infrastructure necessary to support the informational and operational needs of the BOCES and its component schools.