Itinerants are special area employees with various skills who are hired by BOCES on a full or part-time basis. They are assigned on a daily or hourly basis to those local districts who have a need for only part-time people.
An itinerant assigned to a local school is under the supervision of the local administrator. The local district determines how the itinerant's time is to be used to best meet its needs. The itinerant is expected to adhere to the local school's calendar and hours.
To qualify as a shared service for BOCES aid purposes, the participation of at least two districts is required. District costs for an itinerant are based on a prorated share of the salary, fringe benefits, substitute pay, travel, professional conferences, and supplies for the individual. Supplies and equipment for district or students use are not included.
1. Agriculture Teacher
2. Business/Office Teacher
3. Family & Consumer Science Teacher
4. Remedial Teacher (specify subject)
5. Advanced Placement Teacher (specify subject)
6. Foreign Language Teacher (specify subject) (309)
7. Art (302)
8. Health Education (306)
9. Physical Education (305)
10. Music (303)
11. Technology Teacher
12. Driver Education
13. Library/Media Specialist (304)
14. Gifted & Talented
15. Academic Classroom Teacher
16. Guidance Counselor (313)
17. Special Education Teacher (324)
18. Student Advisor (307)
19. Nurse Practitioner (314)
20. Chairperson, Committee on Special Education (330)