Dignity for All Students Act
Herkimer-Fulton-Hamilton-Otsego (HFHO) BOCES recognizes that a safe and supportive learning environment is essential for promoting student attendance and academic achievement:
- HFHO BOCES prohibits any action on or off school property that creates, or could create, a risk of substantial disruption at school, or where it is foreseeable that the conduct might reach school property; including all forms of discrimination, harassment, bullying, and cyber-bullying of students by school employees or other students.
- The BOCES prohibits all forms of discrimination, harassment, bullying, or cyber-bullying based on race, color, weight, national origin, ethnic group, religion or religious practice, disability, sexual orientation or gender.
- Students who fail to act in a respectful, dignified, and civil manner toward others while on school property, at a school-sponsored function, or off of school property (if that behavior could continue on to the school environment), may be subject to disciplinary action.
This Dignity Act reporting form is important for students, parents, BOCES employees, or community members to be able to report any bullying, cyber-bullying, discrimination or harassment that they are experiencing or witnessing within the BOCES community. Click here to download a copy of the form or call the Herkimer BOCES PBIS Coordinator at 315-867-2034 to request a copy of the form.
More information on the HFHO BOCES’ Dignity for All Students Act Guidelines may be found here: Click here.
The New York State Education Department has information and resources for the Dignity for All Students Act located here: Click here.
Dignity Act Coordinators
HFHO BOCES has assigned staff at all of its facilities as dignity act coordinators and they are available for advice regarding instances of bullying, cyber-bullying, discrimination, and/or harassment and to investigate acts of bullying, cyber-bullying, discrimination, and/or harassment.
Remington Educational Complex:
- Alanna Blastings: 315-867-2604
- Lindsay Blowers: 315-867-2094
- Michele Paladino: 315-867-3046
- Christine Benedetto: 315-867-2080
- Adam Bombard: 315-867-2014
- Meghan Dineen: 315-867-2092
Richfield Springs Classrooms:
- Sarah Miller: 315-867-2020
A list of the Dignity Act Coordinators for each building in all of HFHO Component Districts is located here: Click here.
Code of Conduct
HFHO BOCES has a long-standing set of expectations for conduct on school property and at school functions based on the principles of civility, mutual respect, citizenship, character, tolerance, honesty, and integrity. The Code of Conduct discusses these expectations for acceptable conduct on school property to ensure that discipline, when necessary, is administered promptly and fairly. It also identifies the possible consequences of unacceptable conduct. Click here to view the Code of Conduct or call Herkimer BOCES at 315-867-2000 to request a copy.