Placement Exam (TEAS)
Herkimer BOCES utilizes the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS exam) as its baseline placement exam.
- Placement testing is held at the LPN Program located at the Herkimer BOCES. Remington Building Complex at:
77 E. North St., Ilion, NY 13357.
- Cost for the TEAS exam is $75. This must be prepaid and is non-refundable. Test scheduling cannot be done until the payment is processed. We accept cash, checks or debit/cards cards. Call 315-867-2210 to prepay the test.
- After payment is received, test appointments are made by calling 315-867-2206.
- It is suggested that you obtain a study guide for the ATI TEAS V from Amazon or Barnes and Nobel book store. A review of the math and ELU sections is particularly helpful.
- Allow at least 3 1/2 hours to take the test. The test will be given on a computer. The test is based on high school level reading, math, science and English. It is primarily a multiple choice test and each section is timed.
- Bring a photo ID, completed LPN Application, GED or sealed high school transcript, to the TEAS test. (A diploma may be presented to test only. An official high school transcript or GED must be on file prior to an admission interview.)
- TEAS test standards for Herkimer BOCES Adult LPN placement:
- Full-time: overall high basic 50 reading 50 math 50 ELU
- Part-time: overall basic 50 reading 50 math 50 ELURemediation can be obtained through our Adult Education Department: 315-867-2085.
- PLEASE call to reschedule within 24 hrs. of scheduled test date if you cannot attend.
- If you are not successful on your initial attempt you must wait 30 days to retest at an additional charge of $75.
- All no shows will be charged the $75 testing fee again and will only be allowed to reschedule one time
Call 315-867-2210 to pre-pay the TEAS
Call 315-867-2206 to schedule the TEAS test
There is a $75.00 nonrefundable testing fee.