Herkimer-Fulton-Hamilton-Otsego BOCES inducted 23 senior students into the National Technical Honor Society on Friday, May 29, in recognition of their excellence in career and technical education.
Even though no formal induction ceremony was able to take place this year, the students received their honor cords, tassels, pins and a seal on their diploma. They also were publicly recognized as the NTHS Class of 2020 by Herkimer BOCES with a presentation available on the Herkimer BOCES website.
This year's class represents eight area component school districts and 11 different CTE programs. The students who were inducted are listed below under their school districts along with the Herkimer BOCES career and technical education programs they are in:
- Rhiannon Corsette, Building Construction
- Jessie Greig, Culinary Hospitality
- Andrew Ashe, Conservation
- Zackery Kleist, Advanced Manufacturing
- Dylan Lamphere, Heavy Equipment
- Emily Miller, Health Science Careers
- Lexie Tennant, Culinary Hospitality
- Sarah Hamilton, Visual Communications Media Arts
- Mark Shikula, Culinary Hospitality
- Stephanie Smithling, Visual Communications Media Arts
- Olivia Talarico, Advanced Manufacturing
- Marietta Altieri, Advanced Manufacturing
- Matthew Gallagher, Visual Communication Media Arts
- Michial Nichols, Outdoor Power Equipment
- Karli Treen, Health Science Careers
- Reese Battisti, Welding and Metal Fabrication
- Samantha Frere, Health Science Careers
- Chelsea Mashtare, Criminal Justice
- Jack Oczkowski, Welding and Metal Fabrication
West Canada Valley:
- Jordan Brelinsky, Cosmetology
- Kaleb Pohleven, Welding and Metal Fabrication
- Madesen Spellman, Welding and Metal Fabrication
- Chloe Williams, Health Science Careers
NTHS is an honor society recognizing excellence in career and technical education. The NTHS Herkimer BOCES Chapter advisors are Sarah Mayville and Meghan Dineen.
NTHS membership is a distinction achieved by only 3-4 percent of CTE students nationwide. To join the honor society, students are nominated by their teachers, carry a minimum grade point average of 3.0, demonstrate excellence in their CTE program and participate in extracurricular activities at BOCES and/or their home school.
NTHS Induction Ceremony by Sarah Mayville