Local students now have the option of receiving COVID-19 vaccines right at their school or a nearby school during upcoming vaccine clinics.
The Herkimer County Public Health Department has scheduled several vaccine clinics for students in the Herkimer-Fulton-Hamilton-Otsego BOCES region.
Students who are 12 or older are eligible to receive the vaccine at any of the locations. Adults accompanying students also will be able to receive vaccines. The vaccines are free to receive.
The vaccine clinics will be walk-in only, with no appointments. Second doses of the vaccine will be scheduled at the time students receive their first dose.
A parent/guardian must be present for the vaccine clinic for any students who are younger than 18 – or another adult can accompany the student with a note from a parent/guardian including written permission and contact information.
Identification is required. If a minor doesn’t have ID, the attending parents/guardians must present their ID on behalf of the minor. Insurance cards are also required if the vaccine recipient is insured.
The Pfizer vaccine for ages 12 and up and Moderna vaccine for ages 18 and up will be available for all of the clinics. The Johnson and Johnson vaccine for ages 18 and up will only be available through Friday, Aug. 6, unless a new lot of the vaccine comes in.
The following is the schedule of the vaccine clinics:
- Dolgeville: 1-4 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 2, in the Dolgeville High School cafeteria at 38 Slawson St. in Dolgeville.
- Herkimer: 1-4 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 5, at the Herkimer Jr./Sr. High School at 801 W. German St. in Herkimer.
- Herkimer BOCES: 9 a.m. to noon on Friday, Aug. 6, in the gym at the Herkimer BOCES Remington Educational Complex at 77 E. North St. in Ilion.
- Central Valley: 9 a.m. to noon on Monday, Aug. 9, in the old cafeteria at Central Valley Academy at 111 Frederick St. in Ilion.
- Owen D. Young: 9 a.m. to noon on Tuesday, Aug. 10, in the auditorium at Owen D. Young Central School District at 2316 State Route 80 in Van Hornesville.
- Frankfort-Schuyler: 1-4 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 10, in the Frankfort-Schuyler Middle School/High School cafeteria at 605 Palmer St. in Frankfort.