The 18th annual Herkimer Region College & Career Scholarship Foundation Golf Tournament raised more than $14,200 to provide scholarships to students attending college or employment in their field of study following a vocational education in high school.
This year’s tournament took place on Monday, Aug. 9, at the Cedar Lake Club in Clayville. The next one will be on Monday, Aug. 8, 2022, at the same location.
The Herkimer Region College & Career Scholarship Foundation is a not-for-profit community scholarship foundation. A group of local citizens from many professions works voluntarily to generate scholarship funds for graduates of technical programs in the region.
To date, the Herkimer Region College & Career Scholarship Foundation has provided more than 340 scholarships – totaling over $194,000 – to students in technical programs at Herkimer-Fulton-Hamilton-Otsego BOCES and its 10 component school districts: Central Valley, Dolgeville, Frankfort-Schuyler, Herkimer, Little Falls, Mount Markham, Owen D. Young, Poland, Richfield Springs and West Canada Valley.
The following were the winning teams from this year’s golf tournament:
- Mixed First Place: C&S Companies
- Men’s First Place: IPD Engineering
- Mixed Second Place: Frankfort-Schuyler Central School District
- Men’s Second Place: Human Technologies
- Mixed Third Place: Day Automation - Team 2
- Men’s Third Place: Team Dangle
- Challenger’s Cup: Frankfort-Schuyler Central School District
The Scholarship Foundation would also like to thank the following sponsors for supporting the golf tournament and the foundation’s scholarships:
- Platinum Sponsors: King + King Architects and M&T Bank.
- Gold Sponsors: Gates-Cole Insurance, IPD Engineering and C&S Companies.
- Bronze Sponsors: ARC Herkimer, Cooper Automobile of CNY, NYSIR, Day Automation, Girvin & Ferlazzo, PC, NBT Bank, PK’s, Utica National Insurance Group, R.G. Timbs Inc., Campus Construction and Indium Corporation.
This year’s golf tournament also helped support a new Career Award the Scholarship Foundation is offering for students who gain employment in a Career and Technical Education field prior to or soon after graduation and incur expenses as a result of that employment. Students can apply for this award, which allows the reimbursement of up to $750 for trade-specific expenses such as employment clothing, personal protective equipment, tools, supplies, certifications, credentials and/or licenses.
If interested in supporting the foundation or its fundraisers, please contact Herkimer BOCES District Clerk Shawn Maxson at 315-867-2023 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
From left, Herkimer-Fulton-Hamilton-Otsego BOCES District Superintendent Sandra Sherwood, Herkimer Region College & Career Scholarship Foundation secretary Shawn Maxson, HRCC Scholarship Foundation President Sharon Baisley and HRCC Scholarship Foundation Treasurer Denise Snyder pose for a photo during the Scholarship Foundation’s 18th annual Golf Tournament on Monday, Aug. 9, at the Cedar Lake Club in Clayville.